Hotelbeds Group confirms new Bedbank structure
- New structure for Bedbank following integrations of Tourico Holidays and GTA
- Roles taken by existing senior management from all three companies plus external hire
- Department leaders will be members of Executive Committee
Palma, 16 January 2018. Hotelbeds Group, the leading bedbank worldwide and provider of business-to-business services to the global travel industry, has today confirmed the new departmental structure of its Bedbank business as part of the integration of Tourico Holidays and GTA into the Group.
Following a strategic review a new departmental structure has been created with the following functions: Commercial Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, Global Business Services, Product management, Retail Travel Agencies, Wholesale and Sourcing and Marketing & Communications.
Leading these areas as of the beginning of this year are the following executives:
- Asi Ginio, Director of Commercial Strategy & Strategic Partnerships. Asi joins from Tourico Holidays where he was most recently CEO.
- Alex Brändle, Director Global Business Services. Alex joins from GTA where he was the SVP of Business Transformation.
- Peter Mansour, Director of Product management. Peter joins from outside of the Group and has worked in senior roles at companies such as Microsoft and eBay.
- Alistair Rodger, Director Retail Travel Agents. Alistair very recently joined GTA from The LaterRooms Group, where he was Chief Commercial & Operating Officer.
- Sam Turner, Director Wholesale Sales & Sourcing. Sam has been with Hotelbeds for many years and was previously the Director of Sales.
- Gareth Matthews will continue as the Director Marketing & Communications for the Group, with his scope now increased to include the Tourico Holidays and GTA brands. Additionally he will take on responsibility for sponsorship partnerships.
Each of the above mentioned function leaders will report directly to Carlos Muñoz in his role as Managing Director of Hotelbeds Group´s Bedbank. Additionally each function leader will also be a member of the Executive Committee. A complete list of Executive Committee members can be found here: http://hotelbedsgroup.com/content/leadership-team
Carlos Muñoz, Managing Director Bedbank, Hotelbeds Group commented: “In just over three months the integration has progressed significantly. Cross-selling is already underway across the various businesses and already we´re recruiting an additional 200 roles in the Contracting and Yield teams – who will fulfill our objective of directly contracting 10,000 new hotels over the coming three years. And I´m very proud to be able to confirm that together we are the global B2B bedbank leader with over 170,000 hotels and over 60,000 travel intermediary clients.
“To reflect this strong leadership position after careful consideration we have adapted the departmental structure of our Bedbank business. We have created these new areas and appointed senior management from across our three brands to lead them, even bringing in new talent from outside of the business.
“With this new enhanced structure and strengthened team we feel best placed to ensure our partners will continue receiving the best possible service and products, under the best terms and conditions.
“I look forward to providing further updates on our ambitious plans for our Bedbank in due course.”
About Hotelbeds Group
Hotelbeds Group is a business-to-business provider of services to the travel industry globally and the world´s leading bedbank.
The Group’s proprietary technology helps providers of travel services distribute their offering to travel sellers globally via an easy-to-use, advanced technology platform that increases reach, revenue and yield for both the provider and the seller.
Operating mainly under the Hotelbeds, Bedsonline, Tourico Holidays and GTA brands, the company connects over 60,000 travel intermediaries across more than 135 source markets globally with travel providers in over 200 countries representing more than 170,000 hotels, 22,000 transfer routes and 16,000 activities.
Additionally the Group also operates a Destination Services division offering in-bound destination services, such as tours or transfers, in around 40 countries. The Group also owns several other B2B travel brands such as Pacific World (focusing on the MICE area), Intercruises (shore side cruise solutions) and more.
In September 2016 the company became independent under the ownership of Cinven and the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). In June 2017 Tourico Holidays became part of Hotelbeds Group, followed by GTA also joining the Group in October; both companies remain independent brands whilst they are being integrated into the Group.
The Group is headquartered in Palma de Mallorca, Spain and has 8,300 employees globally (including Tourico Holidays and GTA).
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hotelbeds-group
And twitter: @HotelbedsGroup
Follow APItude on twitter: @Hotelbeds_API
Hotelbeds Group Media contact
Head of Media Relations and Corporate Affairs